Monday, April 11, 2011

So another weekend comes and goes... I-Man's soccer team continues an upward trend with a 1-1 draw against a league team from Seneca... The weekend also saw Nana and Papa come to town for a day visit...

...Ryles and I-Man have some sorta thing about the creek in our backyard. As in, if the temperature goes above 40 degrees they wanna go play in it... While it is a convenient subsitute for the local pool, it is annoying when they put on swimsuits and ruin them sliding down the rocks. We managed to cut this off today by the water being too cold. But while Ryles was wary, I-Man tried it out...

...the visit from Nana and Papa would not be complete without lunch outside in the pleasant weather. I love where we live. Moderate climate (for the most part) with occasional change ups of extreme cold and hot to keep it interesting... no earthquakes to rattle the local Nuke reactor, tsunamis (none recently) to flood the living room or tornados to "Blooowww the house down" {made of brick, I might add} as a usual worry... Spring Comes early and Fall comes just in time... So we get to enjoy our caty cornered deck (see previously mentioned tsunami) a lot...


I have mentioned before that I have always felt it important for the twins to have quality time with their Grandparents. It was such a nice day out and Ryles and Nana hung out on the hammock by the creek.. at least befoe I-Man came along. But he then got sucked into the creek and got two sets of clothes wet. And these werent even bathing suits... I still see Ryles being the one of our two kids who never strays far from home (or us/family)

... mucho thanks to Papa for the new storm door. I did manage to help install it but I am still somewhat a novice to that sorta thing and it is his experience in being able to do that sorta stuff that makes me grateful. I wont bore you with a picture... it is tall, white and has a sliding glass window that lets air inside. You probably can visualize it...

Next weekend will see SED convention, Jessica @ a teacher sorority thingy and the twins visiting with family.. the it is Spring Break for them...

No comments: