Wednesday, March 07, 2012

i am about as tied in to social media, internet, etc as anyone but.. I dont get how we have people who act as if their life comes to an end if they dont have a working phone with them for a day. Yeah... i know... somebody is thinkin that Jerome ALWAYS has his cell/smartphone/mini computer with him and is never truly disconnected from the "grid". But i seriously think that it would not bother me if I had to go without it for a few days. But i saw someone today virtually go postal becasue they would have to go without a phone for... ONE DAY. And this person seemed to be older than me and would certainly remember going out of the house to the store... WITHOUT A CELL PHONE... went to school WITHOUT A CELL PHONE... went to work WITHOUT A CELL PHONE.... went to church WITHOUT A CELL PHONE... went to the movies WITHOUT A CELL PHONE... went to the game WITHOUT A CELL PHONE... went and played videogames at the local Fast Fare WITHOUT A CELL PHONE... oh well, i know. I have turned around and went back home to get my cell that I forgot. But I am fairly confident I could do without it. Now... I would still like to be able to access the web occasionally. But anyways... maybe its because i dont really get ANY phone calls and rarely get text... anyway... this lady was crying because she would not be able to have a phone until Thursday (or so she thought as you can ALWAYS get a phone for 20.00 virtually ANYWHERE) and how would she be able to do her farm or something another....

No comments: