Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Finally, someone answers my question....

...about why I should consider John Kerry for President. My friend, Erik "Hootie" Brown responed to the question with somewhat reasonable, thought out answers about his opions on Kerry, Bush and politics in general. He then directed me to a website which gives me the Kerry platform in a somewhat clear manner. THATS what I am talking about. His email reminded me why he is way too far away from here...or is it the other way around? Sometimes, I just feel blah, and he certainly would be a great guy to have around to bounce thoughts off of. While I definitely love Jessica and the twins, I sometimes feel isolated. I wish I had someone I consider a peer to talk to at times... the FRAT is wonderful, but the current actives are not my peers...they are my brothers, and we share a bond in that regards, but you are not going to see me sitting around drinking a beer talking about the Lakers, or women (serious talk), or the state of affairs of the New York Knicks basketball franchise. Sadly, the only time I ever voice anything remotely like that might be in this forum, or in an email conversation with Dr. Hosler, or Erik Brown. Other than that, its pretty much dealing with work, dealing with occasional issues with the FRAT, or playing/teaching with the kids and being with Jessica.

...i guess I have started into a woe is Jerome sort of ramble... better be careful with that, because I really am blessed. And I am fortunate to have a well paying job, with plenty of benefits. Its just that sometimes I wish I could go out and hang out with someone...instead I am usually just sitting at home with the kids. Nothing wrong with that. I actually like it . But I would like the option at times to go get a cup of tea and shoot the bull sometimes. Guess thats what happens when you grow up...

No comments: