Monday, April 12, 2004

Weekend, D.S.T., Easter and the end of the world...

Lets see... since I last posted on Wednesday, this is what has been going on...

...answered a ton of emails concerning voting concerns in the FRAT. I estimate that I spent at least 3 hours alone on Friday answering emails. And that was while I was supposed to be working....

... Daylight savings time screws me up. I mean, yesterday, its 7:45pm and I am sitting there thinking...oh..its about 4:00 in the afternoon. The kids were napping and Ian didnt even wake up until almost 8pm. He goes to bed normally at 8:00pm. I mean, i used to think it was cool and all when I was in college, when my schedule was probably somewhat skewed anyway. Now... It seems logical that I eat dinner when it is getting dark. I put the kids in bath and bed when it is getting dark...Idont know...I will get over it i guess...

..Easter was yesterday. Went to my church... dressed up Rylee and Ian in some Easter outfits. Nothing spectacular...nice basic dress for Rylee, buttondown shirt, wool pants for the boy. Made my mother happy..she always likes to show off the grandkids, etc...

...was watching a show last night on the History Channel where they were talking about the year 2012 and the end of the Mayan calender and the supposed end of the world. Jessica got somewhat upset about that, as she is want to do at times. But she did get me to thinking... and I remeinded her of the very thing I always try to tell her, and others as well. WE WASTE TOO MUCH TIME SWEATING THE SMALL STUFF!! ...by this, I mean, why do we waste time arguing over details that really dont matter? For example, the FRAT has wasted a week of its time arguing about some obscure line in Roberts Rules, nitpicking over whether or not they are following rules that they have never had reason to follow before, but now suddenly seem to need to follow. Arguing over the merits of education majors and if they should/should not be MEP trainers? WHAT THE HELL? never has been an issue before. We have had all types of people be VP, INCLUDING education majors. NEVER has been an issue. NEVER. i dont get it... being an education major should NOT be a reason to discount someone. If they want to incoprotate something taught to them in the MEP process, I dont see anything wrong with that. And dont give me that crap about it being maternal or something...Anyway, I sat and watched an implosion about that. its silly, and more time has been wasted...Friends have wasted a week not talking to each other, a week they WILL NOT ever get back. 5 years from now, will nitpicking procedures or arguing moot points like this been even remotley important. NO...HELL NO... it wont even be close. But the time lost will be remembered. And I KNOW, people will regret this lost time.

...but then again, what do I know? what I do know is this... I am 37, almost 38 years old. I am NOT goig to waste time arguing about silly stuff. I have lived probably half my life, and I plan to finish out raising my children and living with my wife in some semblence of happiness. Arguing with my friends is a waste of time, because you only get so much of that time to use. Why spend it arguing with each other?

No comments: