Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Was i right?

...after reading an email sent out by a brother, I actually had a doubt in my mind that I made the right decision regarding a candidates eligibility, the votes cast, abstentions, etc. So, i went ahead and called Chris Haughee. No email for this one. A direct phone call. Told him the entire story, from who was running, to what their status was, to what was said in the meetings regarding the candidates, the the vote totals..everything. I told him all this and asked him what the ruling should be. He told me that I was 100 percent correct. That a conditional brother is NOT eligible for office. That a chapter should not be pulling shenanigans to "wait" on someone to arrive in the Fall, especially when qualified candidates stand ready to serve. that my interpretaion of Roberts Rules and the abstains and illegal votes was correct. I think that if the National Parlimentarian of the past few National Conventions, a trial lawyer of over 25 years, SED governor for over 15 years and someone who has counted votes for officers countless times says that I am dead on right, I feel secure that I made the right and fair decision.

No comments: