Wednesday, July 26, 2006

more random crap

I think I'm going to just keep a wary eye on the Braves till they reach .500, then I'll start thinkin wildcard...

...saw the trailer for Rocky Balboa. it actually looks like it is a throwback to the original... might have to pony up some cash and see that one too...something about these movies from the seventies this summer. First Superman, now.... ROCKY!!!

I occasionally jump over and see what Old Man Brown is talking about in his alter Bohemian world. He talks of a book he is reading and ponders some questions...

Is everything on Earth made for our consumption? (me, well i am a survival of the fittest sort a guy..so..right now, YES!)
Is humanity the only thing on the planet that matter? (me, well...no...the other stuff matters because we need it for the previous question)
Is everything on our home subject to our whim? (me, well...thinking... no. )
Is it OK for us to live outside the balance of every other part of our planet? (well, the prophecies say one will bring balance to the force...so if we are outside the balance, nature will bring it back eventually. if that means out downfall...so be it. I guess that speaks to what you say below)

So far these are the questions that The Bottomless Well ( the book he is reading ) does not address. It doesn't have to, because from page one, word one, the answer is an implicit and bellowing YES! The sad fact is that they'll never have to really address any of those questions, because we're so concerned with media exposure and market placement that we won't, can't, or don't want to make them.


Here is what i was listening to while writing above... anyone remember who crooned this stuff?
With a little love, and some tenderness
We'll walk upon the water
We'll rise above the mess
With a little peace, and some harmony
We'll take the world together
We'll take 'em by the hand

'Cause I got a hand for you
Oh, I want to run with you

Yesterday, I saw you standing there
Your head was down, your eyes were red
No comb had touched your hair
I said, get up, and let me see your smile
We'll take a walk together
Walk the road, awhile

2 comments:

Lisa Keasler said...

i believe it was hootie...

what is erik's blog - i'd like to read it as well...

thanx :)

Grandpa said...

you are correct. and I dont think he really has his own blog.(if he does, i dont kno about it) he posts occasionally to a blog that talks about "green" issues. Things like protecting the environment and about man's role in the environment and stuff in that vein...