Tuesday, July 18, 2006

more random

Not sure totally about this Israel/Lebandon tiff.... i'd like to say that I'm all on the side of Israel. But something in the back of my head keeps whispering ..reminding me of that twilight zone episode where humans land on this alien world and find human like people , who are supposedly being attacked by these bad "monsters", only to eventually find out that the "monsters" are actually the good guys, and the humans not as innocent as they made themselves out to be. Now, i understand I'd be a little prickly too if I was surrounded by countries full of people who simply want you ...GONE...and I dont mean that they want you to move to Liberia either. They want you dead. period. And I have to admire the Israeli spunk...they are what the US and British wish they could be at times. Actually, Israel is like the Raiders, always throwin the ball deep, throwin care to the wind, sayin, you mess with us, we're going straight to the root of the problem, and takin you out. The US is kinda like the Colts...calculated offense, superior firepower, moving the ball all up and down the field, but a tad cautious at the time to go for the kill....

The twins have a larger pool. this one is one of those with a filter and all that. have to put chemicals in it and everything. its kinda cool, but we really dont have a flat spot for it, but we found the flattest spot we have and its workin out pretty good. it also keeps I-Man from wantin to go find sammie and sid down at the creek, although it seems that "the truth" made a difference a few days back. havnt seen them out since then.

My mother went on another cruise, this time to Canada, out of New York. Seems like she goes on a ruise about 23 times a years now.

I'm startin to warm up to baseball again. The Braves are showing a little life, and I have come to the realization that we wont win the division this year, and that the world wont end. But it still amazes me that there are people 15 years old who have never known the Braves to lose the division. But if we can get to the wildcard, I'll be satisfied. And I feel confident that they will contend next year, the foundation had been laid for another run of titles. they just need to find some relief pitching. Of course, they hav eonly had it when Smoltz was there in the pen

Seems like the summer heat has arrived. I have moved the thermostat up to 76 and it still feels really cool, compared to outside in the sun. its still sad to hear the stories of people dieing in cars, etc. while people go into Wal-mart

I'm startin to think about what to do about the frat this Fall. I think I am going to go totally positive this year. And I am going to get some more alumni involved, perhaps having local alumni come to every meeting and speak for 5 minutes, then field questions for 5 minutes. kinda add something to the meetings.... if anybody reading this wants to participate, let me know. I also am going to see about getting t shirts printed this year that say NO DRAMA on the front. yeah, i know what youre saying....."no way in hell with Kappa Beta" last year had a very negative pall over it with several incidents with brothers casting a negative light on everything. I hope they have learned from these things and are ready to move forward.

No comments: