Sunday, July 30, 2006

The drums... they are abeatin....

late during the week, I could hear off in the distance (actually about a half mile away) the Easley High School drumline warming up. Another bandcamp is beginning...always brings back memories...

August will be here way too soon. And i just as well skip August and go straight to September. I hate the month for it is just too hot, and the forcast for Aug 1 thru 3 is high 90's with heat index of over a 100. yep...lets just skip this month...except for the birthdays that come in the month. Thats about all that is good about it.

Watchin CNN or MSNBC...ISRAEL IS WRONG! THEY SHOULD BE CONDEMNED!!!! ...turn to FoxNews... HEZBOLLA ARE TERRORISTS! THEY SHOULD BE CONDEMNED!!!! ... This getting old, especially the bias so blatant from every news source. but...I am adding Air America and America right to my XM presets (well, at least the 10 I listen to on a constant basis). This adds to THE POWER and Fonews that I will be rotating thru as Politics are going to slowly start pickin up....

Oh, and DCI is going to be in the movie theater. i think they are going to show the Quarterfinals or something. I might actually have to go see that and see how that plays out in a theater. Its amazin how far that has come. i remembe they used to always show an edited gig in November or so, then it evolved to showing the last 6 live, but now they are have interviews withthe drum majors and directors right after the shows and streaming contest online.

Guess i will have to do the fantasy football gig. crowell sent me an invite. i hadnt intended on doing it, but since the gauntlet has been put down, well...gotta answer the bell...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jerome, if I invite you to run an upcoming marathon will you consider the gauntlet put down and answer the bell ;-)

By the way, didn't understand the recent post about wishing to speak to John and Pam more often... me thinks you've got my e-mail address and my inbox isn't exactly overflowing with messages from ol' Jerome ... not to mention the open invite to visit North Florida at any time...

On a positive note, have to praise your photography skills... the pics of Ryles and I-Man always look like they've been taken by a pro
:-)