Monday, February 11, 2008

GIMP

...no...not THAT Gimp...but talking about the Tiger Basketball team. I listened to the UNC broadcast of the game on XM and it was startling to listen to the Tar Heel broadcasters chuckling about "same ole Clemson" as they inched back into game watching Clemson miss free throws and seize up in the closing minutes of the ball game...shaking head....

...a quick jaunt into Atlanta last Friday looking for a hotel for the FRAT formal and i took the time to go to IKEA, as I had never gone before. Impressive. But I fear the chapter will have to do some serious fundraising as everywhere in the ATL is expensive for banquets... and I was reminded why I would love to live there yet couldnt stand to live there because while IKEA was cool as hell (well, hmmm...not sure that is correct), the traffic I dealt with on 85 just getting back to the Mall of Georgia was annoying..

...equally as annoying are the events leading to I-man picking his new NASCAR driver... watching practice, I-Man asks where his "Grween car J.J. Yeley" is and I explain to him that the Interstate Batteries #18 is no longer racing, and that it is now a cool M&M's Yellow #18 driven by Kyle Busch. and that he might have to select a new driver. I-MAn ponders for a sec and says " What number is the LOWES car?" ...silence...crickets chirping... (me)"ummm... that is #48 and it is driven by Jimmie Johnson. You sure you wouldnt like the Home Depot car better?" (fingers crossed)... I-Man says "noooo...Jimmie Johnson..yeah, yeah... in the blue Lowes car. THATS my new car!!!!!!"...me..thinking to myself..."DAMMIT!!!!!!!"...silence...crickets chirping... so now as i watch every NASCAR race and have to stomach the Four Eight all the time as my guy toils back in 8th place every week, I will have to suffer with I-Man standing there in his Jimmie Johnson t-shirt jumping up and down in glee...

...and I am STILL glad I live where i do....67 degrees in February suits me just fine, thank you...

2 comments:

Andee said...

LMAO about JJ. SEriously, you can't control your son? If either of my girls like Jeff Gordon, they are grounded.

Anonymous said...

NOOOOOO! Not him, anyone but him. Even Gordon would be better in my opinion. Ever since I had to stand behind that Jimmy Johnson fan at a race who held up his beer screaming "wooooo" everytime JJ passed, I have hated Jimmy Johnson. Oh well, I think your kid will probably develop better tastes in things, like picking racecar drivers, later on. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks for the funny story.