Monday, February 04, 2008

tsk,tsk....

Brown sent me a text about last nights Super Bowl...mentioned something about VeVickers..tsk, tsk... this reminds me of my sophmore year in highschool...the womenz basketball team was 23-0 and had destroyed every opponent along the way. wasnt even close. I remember driving down with my friend in his old yellow Ford Pinto (actually one of the first times i can remember going anywhere without parent or school supervision, as I think back on it) to the old Carolina Colesium. And, yep....the team got waxed in the Championship game, a pattern I have seen happen several times since then.

..at any rate, I can feel good about the NFL again. And it was interesting to see Tom Brady interviewed after the game. As much as i cheer against him, I was impressed that he stood there and took questions and actually gave considerate, thoughful answers to every question. Same could NOT be said for the best coach/leader/genius (sic) of all time, Bill Belicheat, who simply gave a couple of one word grunts then slinked away. I guess when you dont have film of the defensive teams practices and signals, makes it a little more difficult to predict when the blitzes are coming, doesnt it?

OK...football over, Nascar up...Baseball lurking.. my 2 favorite seasons are about to restart and will last until october/november...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jerome, not that I have a ton of love for the Giants or the Patriots (was pulling for Giants due to pregame underdog status) but I must agree with you that Belicheat's interview put the capital "L" in his loser status.

Talk about a lack of grace and humility... not exactly a ton of warm praise for the other team's efforts nor did he show much leadership for his own team in warmly encouraging everyone to look forward to a successful "next year" attempt on a FULLY undefeated year (that's if he gets another year after the scandal investigations are fully vetted...). Not having spent a ton of time keeping up with pro ball in recent years or giving much care to the Patriot's efforts, I was quite taken aback by the lack of grace.

On a totally different note, if you get a chance throw an e-mail my way with your contact info (cell included) as I got a new crackberry and I lost the information I had stored in my old phone.

Many thanks,
John K.

Grandpa said...

dude...I thought I sent that to your aol address. i resent it this mornin. Talk a cha later...

Caroline said...

I thought about you during the game and I think I was pulling against the Patriots just because I knew you wanted them to lose :)