Tuesday, September 09, 2008

you would think...

Kids are supposed to be in bed, right...but I hear my computer chair rolling back and forth upstairs. Obviously they are in our bedroom catching some more Suite Life of Zach and Cody, even though they have seen every episode 23 times, AFTER they have been put to bed. So... I walk over to the steps... Cough loudly a couple of times...listen...no movement out of our bedroom... i start walking up the stairs...SLLLLOOOOOWWWWLYYYYY....step by step. Now, each of of those wooden steps makes an agonizing creaking noise when stepped on. Surely they will hear me and make a bolt back to their bedrooms.... i hear no tell tale pattering back to their bedrooms....OK... I get to the top of the stairs and make a big production of opening the front door and going out to my car (right outside our bedroom too), then coming back inside and locking the door. Surely they would have retreated to their beds and be "sleeping", right? Nope... so i walk to the door expecting to have to dodge a mad dash past me. Nope... walk in and here they come..PANIC on their faces. The look is that "BUSTED!!!" look. But i cant help but think that while they are certainly advancing and growing up, simple things like how to avoid getting caught, etc. havent dawned on them yet. And I realize that maybe that isnt a simple thing....

No comments: