Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Its Obamamania!!

So..cool...Obama is now President. It is historical in its significance along racial lines. I am glad that that barrier is seemingly broken. I am glad that this event at least signifies that a lot of people voted for him based on what they thought of his ability to lead, etc.

Now what? Are we still going to simply fawn and try to re-create Camelot? How much is the reporting now going to be over what dog is in the White House as opposed to how much of our tax money is going to the CEO's of the auto companies and banks? How much more time is going to be spent gushing over what dress Michelle Obama is wearing as opposed to addressing the Middle-east/Asia stuff? yeah...I know...Obama isn't asking that the media fawn over that stuff. But I am already tiring of the constant excuses being given for him..the "its going to take time to fix this mess" argument, "blah, blah, blah... it George Bush's fault...blah, blah, blah..." Well, that is a legitimate statement. But I want to see it being fixed... not reports of what the kids are doing tonight at the White House. I guess this is more directed at the media that seems to be trying to create a story, or recreate JFK. And I still have not seen the answer to the question of where all this money is supposed to be coming from to bailout everyone, except me. When it comes time for me to make my house payment and car payment, do I send the bill to Obama?

Nice to see the two Baritone players from Brooklyn and Tallahassee respectively kinda come to a "Lets Agree to Disagree" stalemate. I could and do see the argument from both sides... although when I see all the crap we try to recycle here at home clutter our space while we wait for the recycle day, only to see the trash guys take the recycling and throw it in with the trash, I simply shake my head and start wondering why waste my time... and space. But I suppose the efforts of Brown and my wife are a good cause... albeit an uphill one.

'bout time for me to start spooling up prep for the May Races. I am wondering what kinda participation I will have with me this year as I realize that funds are somewhat tighter than in the past, and i suspect a closer look at budgets may affect some decisions. I am already pondering trying to get more people involved to dilute the cost per person for the usual camping event. However, the more people, the more agendas... sigh...

Next up..Monster Trucks this weekend... I'll be taking a shield to watch out for flying parts...

No comments: