Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Tempest in a teapot...

Nothing like fielding questions from the band directors about decisions other people have made. But I am a big boy, and I can handle it. Part of the territory, I guess...

...this gay marraige thing is going to be a big one. As far as I'm concerned, what people do that makes them happy is their own business. However, I am of the thinking that civil union is the best idea. As soon as you open the door in this marraige question, it allows room for people to sue for men to marry their daughters, women to marry chickens, and so forth. I agree that recognition of the union between gays and lesbians should be granted, therefore allowing for medical and inheritance benefits. But anything else allows for the slippery slope to become very, very slick...

... Sara Goldrick (Bodie, for those too young to know) sent Jessica pictures of when I asked Jessica to marry me. Brought back cool memories...

... Lisa Keasler (Moore, for those too young to know) is just days away from having her kid. I look forward to going to see TJ and Lisa's first addition to their family...

... saw the end to Philadelphia(the movie) last night. That simply has to be one of the saddest endings to a movie that I know of. I have seen it many times and it always strikes a cord in me, seeing the little film at the end of the movie... and that song is so haunting...

...our house is a disaster area. But it isnt that bad...just very cluttered. Rylee and Ian get into EVERYTHING, making it difficult just to keep the place clean. But it is just so cool so see the wonder and the learning. Everyday is something new for them, and for me.

No comments: