Monday, September 20, 2004

Random?

Tigers at 1-2, with 1-3 looming. I wonder how soon before the "Tommy must go" yahoos are going to start up again?

Got the Tile in the Kitchen down. Got a couple more days of work, then we have to tthink about the back deck.

on my way home last night from Clemson, i took the back way. And I was struck at how much that made me remember the ole days... Clear Fall nights with a quarter moon. I rolled down my window and could smell people burning fires.... I always loved when I got to go play on nights like that. I guess we are all getting old.

I was also struck this past weekend at how it kinda sucks when all the people you would do anything with are either 4, 8 or 12 hours away, or married. Not that being married is bad, but it does change how things work, and i have no expectations that people will just drop whatever they are doing to go hang out at the spur of the moment. But it does sorta suck. SOmetimes I just wish there people that I could go grab a beer and watch the game with. And yes, i know Jessica would gladly go with me, but I dont want have her think she has to go simply because, especially when she could care less about any particlar event. I'd ask her to go with me to a Braves playoff game, and I know she would gladly go if asked, but would she get anything out of it, outside of simply being there with me? Sorta like if she would have wanted me to go to a Enya concert. i would gladly go, and I would probably be interested, but I would think she would have a better time with another Enya fan. at any rate...i ramble. by the way, I've been to a couple of Braves games with Jessica, and I know she had fun, so that was probably not the best of examples....

looking forward to driving up to see Jessica Dean and her wedding gig. Will get to see Kristen and Brown as well during the weekend. Kristen should be a bout ready to explode with her kid the way she looked when I was up there in July. And I hope Brown has an itenarary planned (snicker) ...oh let me guess, some local dive(bar) with a pretty bartender... actually , that would be interesting, as things seem to be somewhat different since my last foray into Gotham City.

ahhhh so, Dan Rather and CBS got duped? yeah right? how about more like "we wanted to get Bush so bad we just did whatever we could do" at any rate, CBS is toast for a while...no credibility for them for a while.

No comments: