Monday, September 27, 2004

well...

...once again...ANOTHER hurricane...and once again, I am sitting here waryly eyeing the creek every 10 minutes or so. Doesnt seem like its going to get out of hand, but I keep eyeing it. I have my immediate plan of action this time, with a stop gap solution for the garage as well.....

While i am not a huge country music fan, some songs just strike me as downright pure artistry.... there is an excerpt from one...

Cause I'm a redneck woman
And I ain't no high class broad
I'm just a product of my raisin'
And I say "hey y'all" and "Yee Haw"
And I keep my Christmas lights on, on my front porch all year long
And I know all the words to every Charlie Daniels song
So here's to all my sisters out there keepin' it country
Let me get a big "Hell Yeah" from the redneck girls like me
Hell Yeah
Hell Yeah


gretchen wilson....A classic blues riff, in country mode with the usual guitars, steel guitars and a violin thrown in... lifted straight from the cotton fields of a 150 years ago, but pure genious.


No comments: