Saturday, August 25, 2007

Back from Bristol...and other notes

dude...Bristol way way fun. We had AWESOME seats. I beginning to think we should make the Bristol trip an annual "Men Only"trip...

... I used to never read any other blogs on a regular basis. but in the past couple of months, i have started reading some people's blogs on a regular basis. Kinda cool... and I got "tagged". I normally hate "forwards" and those types of emails but occasionally I'll bite on one and participate. I decided to play along (well kinda) and posted below. I hope Andrea doesnt think I am slamming on her or anything.I just kinda took her post and put my own take on it....

The Rules: 1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts. 2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves. These are not all the rules but since I am not totally playing by the rules here…so be it. I am going to loosely follow the model Andrea offered… And while this may at times seem to poke fun, it really isn’t meant to do that on a deep level, just on a “wink, wink” level…

1 - When I was growing up, there was never any real desire to become any particular one thing. I was decent in football, way above average in school, and became decent in music. At one point in time, I wanted to be a Major league baseball umpire, but never pursued it.

2 – I am somewhat service oriented. I have always seemed to thrive in situations where I could provide support to others in their endeavors

3 - I LOVE my children. I have 2 great kids who are developing so fast that I am stunned on a daily basis at what they know. I-Man was just sitting here on my laptop and started pointing and saying “games..games…” …there were no icons, just the programs list and a folder labeled “games”. He was reading the word games and I am thinking “um…how long have you been able to read that”. I know they are already reading at the “See Jane run” stage, but I guess I hadn’t realized advancement

4 - I have had sex in a car.

5 - I don’t suffer from depression. I have rarely ever been in a depressed mood. I am pretty much a worry free person. Sure… there are “concerns” and “annoyances” but…I don’t lose sleep over anything. When I go to bed at night, I pretty much go right to sleep. I always refer back to a gospel song that I like…”Can’t sleep at night?...and you wonder why???...well, maybe God is… tryin to tell you something’”…. I mean… well… maybe I am a little depressed over the Braves 3rd, 4th, and 5th starters. But that’s the extent of it.

6 - I was never Drum Major. Never wanted to be. Had too much fun playing. But I think I would have been an awesome Drum Major if I had pursued it. And I think I definitely knew when to play Tiger Rag, and when not to play Tiger Rag
.
7 - I read all the time growing up and up until Internet access became readily available. Now my reading is limited to the internet. I occasionally read a couple of magazines, specifically the Digital Photog mag Wes and Ash got for me and…Playboy. And I really do read Playboy. Now my actual reading of books is limited to books friends and family give me.

8 - I love writing this blog. I do it for myself. A nice side benefit is that you seem to like to read it too. I find it to be very therapeutic to put my thoughts down. And when I go back and look at the pictures or read what I have written before, it reminds me of what my twins were like then. So I would like to have this when they are 18 and 18, and remember a simpler time. You know, back when I didn't know I had it so good.

There ya go....

2 comments:

Andee said...

Cop-out. :-) I'm excited that you decided to answer the tag. But you should've posted al ink to mine so people knew what my answers were, so yours make more sense. :-) Are you going to the First FRiday on Sunday parade this year?

Grandpa said...

not really a cop out. all answers are legit and could stand on their own... and, NO. I will not be going to the parade. Unfortunately, i have to work this particular Sunday. Not sure what Jessica and the twins might be doing though...