Monday, August 13, 2007

not really much to say....

No one like to see someone you love get hurt or sick. Especially your children. And we have been faced with a minor setback. Ryles fell yesterday while playing and broke her arm. She has a cast and she is still hurting, but she is going to be fine. Thousands of people have similar issues every year and its all good. Its just kinda sobering to get a call while at work that your daughter is in the hospital in surgery to reset her arm, and the helpless feeling that you have. Like I said, its all good and she will have her cast off in three weeks, but it still is sobering to me. And in the entire realm of things, when it all boils down, our twins are our most valuable possesion and despite the fact that I can control what they eat, watch, do...whatever... in an effort to protect them and see them grow up, they are still a blink of an eye away from harm all the time. Yes, i realize we all are, even as adults "day to day", to quote Sportscenter, but I want to think that I will be able to protect my children, and it is sobering to me to realize that despite my best efforts, something screwed could still happen.

...and its kinda strange ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jerome! Zachary broke his arm back in early May while I was watching his class during lunch.. I saw it all happen and could do nothing. BUT, it was a blessing because I was able to get him to the doctor and x-rayed within an hour (though I really do NOT want to witness that happening again to my own child).

I hope her pain has gone by now!

Grandpa said...

yeah...she's doing better now. first day she was really lah, and down. 3 days later and she's runnin around again. Went to doctor today, and she has to go back in 2 weeks. Has a soft cast on. Yeah..kinda sucks to see your kids hurtin. but she is doin fine