Friday, January 11, 2008

whoa...what was that?.....

siitin here tryin to get the Rylee/Ian computer up and running when i hear this huge crash and thud and felt a slight rumble...I'm like..."what the hey?"...So, I kinda cautiously go out the front door and look around ..nothing... but I hear an engine running, so i walk around the side of the house and what do i see?... there is a truck sticking out from the side of the deck we have on the side of our house. Well..actually...UNDER the deck...I'm like...again..."what the hey???" and so cautiously take a closer look....door slightly ajar but no one there. i'm thinkin "this fool is tryin to run away?"... at this point i look around tryin to see how this truck is now situated under the sidedeck of the house... i see tracks running from the road through the little fence separating our yard from our neighbors yard.."drunk driver?" i'm thinkin... then my neighbor comes out of his house and is like..."Oh my God!!!" and comes running over. Seems he had left the truck idling and went inside to get something, came back out and didnt see the truck, thought it was stolen and ran back inside to get his phone to call the police and came back out and saw me in the yard and then noticed his truck parked in my side deck. needless to say that we will be either getting the deck repaired or doing away with it completely, since we never use that deck anyway. Insurance-his) will be cutting us a check soon, it appears....

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Oh my gosh! That is crazy

Unknown said...

Wow, that is a wild story.

Andee said...

Holy crap. What if you had been standing on the deck? How scary. Proof positive on why not to leave your auto idling in your driveway. I'm glad that he's going to be paying for any repairs.