Wednesday, January 02, 2008

2007 we hardly knew ya!!!....

...Ok...this year, I only am going to offer up one public resolution, and it will cover preety much everything i do for the year....it is the KISS principle, or Keep It Simple Stupid or other variations on the name.... from Wikipedia...

The KISS principle (acronym for "Keep It Simple, Stupid") states that design simplicity should be a key goal and unnecessary complexity avoided. It serves as a useful principle in a wide array of disciplines, such as software development, animation, engineering, and strategic planning. Common variants of the acronym include: "Keep It Simple & Stupid", "Keep It Sweet & Simple", and "Keep It Short & Simple". The form "Keep It Simple, Silly" is sometimes used in situations (for example, explaining the phrase to children) where "stupid" is too harsh.

Complexity should, very simply, be avoided: simplicity becomes a goal in itself. Extra features are not needed; an approach that seems "too easy to be true" is in fact the best way; a very straightforward approach may seem less glamorous and less dramatic but that trivial approach should indeed be taken; surprisingly the very obvious approach is often best


I am going to work at simplifying everything in my life, from my daily routine to the kids to my job to everything. Too much clutter...too much extra stuff...all that matters is my wife, kids, family and friends and that is complex enough to keep me busy. At the end of the day, all the other stuff is just clutter and doesnt matter. now woven into my wife, kids, family and friends are things like the frat, hobbies, etc.... so I aint just going to sit at home all the time. But...ya just gotta keep the important things important and get rid of the clutter...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I might just copy that resolution! That is a good one, good luck with it.

Brandy