Monday, March 01, 2004

Time for replacement/upgrades...

Lets see...time for new Shocks, brakes, headlights, taillights and a car wash for the Jetta. Gotta love that tax refund... also, its time for me to finally get my glasses replaced. I have gone about a year without them, And I need to go ahead and get new ones. I think I am going to go with the Malcolm X, Blues brothers old school glasses again, just like the ones that broke. But we shall see..perhaps something a little more modern/contemporary will be in order....

Erik Brown sent me a Times article about gay marraige from the Black perspective. Now, I dont really get into the Black/White thing, although it obviously is a HUGE part of my life, for obvious reasons. And I am kinda inclined to disagree with the article. But it was nice to get communication from Brown. Always good to know he hasnt been mugged in the City... just wish he'd get some sort of bug in his ear and move to Greenville or something and work in some boutique on Main Street.

... kinda wonder who in the Fraternity reads this little thingy. I know that I am in thought as to how to address the chapter on this issue in general. Since we now have brothers from other chapters chiming in on KB internal problems, it might be time to consider some things. But how do you really legislate this? Its kinda hard to try to curtain free speech, isnt it? But yet comments being made by brothers are being viewed all over the country. And opinions are being made about the chapter from afar. While people are very true to their feelings and speak from their hearts, it is too easy for someone to draw conclusions about the chapter as a whole based upon one brothers point of view being expressed. And the whole story is not told... all I know is that the moment I get an email from the CFR or a National Officer, I will be upset. SO I amy have to move to curtail this sort of thing soon. But the question remains...How the hell do I do that? Any ideas?

No comments: