Wednesday, March 03, 2004

what is up with the old people???

..so since my student staff is out on Spring Break, I have to make the deliveries of equipment to the Cont Ed and old people classes myself. As I was scarrying an Overhead to a room, an obviously disoriented older lady comes over to me and complains about not being able to get into a certain room, and why this university couldnt have the doors unlocked so elderly people wouldnt have to stand out in the cold... (quick check of the weather shows it is 63 degrees aoutside right now). I kinda looked at her and siad that I might be able to look into opening the doors for her. SO I go up to the door. It is a type of door where the handle doesnt turn. You simply have to pull it. I pull it open and she proceeds to grumble some lame excuse about someone else unlocking it or something....

...So John Edwards drops out. Now I have to look at John Kerry for 7 or 8 months. The man scares me and he is typical politician. But then again, they all are. I just dont feel comfortable that Kerry will take care of our defense. WHile I havent really agreed with Bush on some things, at least he hasnt put forward a weak fron to the terrorists of the world. I worry that Kerry will, leading to more September 11 type crap. Too bad Bush has had to replay the "sins" of his father, and very well could be another one and done president. Its amazing how starting a family and having to worry about these types of issues clearly changes how you vie politics. A few years ago, I would have definitely said that I was a DEMOCRAT...now I think I dont know what I may be now, if anything. Independent may be my classification. I may simply see who wins me over by November. I know one thing..I cant deal with the far left democrat thinking. That stuff is stupid and unrealistic. And the far right, well... I think that is why Clinton was succesfull in getting elected... middle of the road Democrat is a pretty good way to go. But Kerry has made statements like the US needing to get permission from the UN befor edefending ourselves. That makes me nervous...while I think Bush went a little too far in perhaps attacking Iraq, I also dont think we need to be asking permission for anything from the UN.

...anxiously awaiting word from Lisa and TJ on the arrival of their kid....

QUOTE OF THE DAY
You can't build a reputation on what you're going to do.
- Henry Ford

No comments: