Sunday, May 23, 2004

the weekend so far..

Yesterday, Jessica and I went to the Nascar Race in Charlotte with Lynn and Trent. I must admit that it was very entertaining, especially since we had seats at the Start/Finish line, around 10 rows up. We were right in front of the big stage that they put up for TV to introduce the drivers, perhaps 30 yards max away. While I am somewhat an enthusiast, the others with me are probaly more casual fans, so it was a releif to me that the race was fairly entertaining. I know that I have doubts as to if most of my friends could deal with the 500 mile events on a regular basis. But I definitely plan to try to get a good group of people to go next year. The only major problem was the heat, which was somewhat higher than expected.

Ellen, my sister-in-law, is moving to Charlotte. That will mark a somewhat subtle change in Jessica's family, in that now her brother and sister are both graduated and away "from home". I am interested to see how the dyanamics of things work, since the built-in events like football games and concerts will no longer be there to help facilitate get togethers. I anticipate that holidays and other days will take on a far great significance now.

Why do white people, specifically white males, think that it is cool to walk around with no shirt on in public? And I am not talking about buff, weight lifter types or fashion model types. I am talking about 40 pound overweight, hairy, pale beergut hanging over the belt, white guys walking around. Who tells these people that this is acceptable? well, i guess all the others who are doing it, to answer my own question... and we wont even talk about the white women (same desciption as above) walking around with bikini tops on.

No comments: