Tuesday, June 22, 2004

AH...a perplexing sickness

Ian seems to be having some sort of reaction to something, and we are not sure what it is. He keeps throwing up, and he doesnt seem to have much of an appetite anyway. I am starting to think that it is Milk that is causing the problem. He drank some milk when I got home today, and he threw up about 10 minutes later. The same thing happened this morning. But the ladies at daycare did not mention him throwing up today when I picked them up. Thinking back, when he threw up the other day, he did just eat a couple of yogurt thingies he seems to love. I think we are going to cut off the milk and see if his stomach is reacting to that. That really sucks for him, as he constantly asks for milk to drink.

They seem to have racheted up the AC in the library, as my space heater in my office didnt seem to be working as well today. Also, when I looked out the window at my students, one had a heavy sweatshirt on, the other was wearing some sort of wool headgarb/sarong/something or another (she seems to be of Indian/Pakistani/middle East ) and both were looking somewhat frostbitten.

..note, its been awhile since Ian last threw up (over an hour) and he has been drinking juice and eating Cheese (chedder). i dont know...perhaps he is allergic to whole milk now, or something...Not sure that could be possible this soon. That is the great thing about kids...as many books that we have, it still is a learn by experience sort of gig in dealing with them, as everyone is different. Rylee and Ian are twins, but the only thing that is the same about them is the fact that they were born the same day. They are not identical, and are essentially just like two people who might have the same birthday, but different mothers. Except this case, they have the same mother. So what might be true for Rylee is usually NOT true for Ian, and vice versa.

I got this cool peice of African art from Brown. He noted my mention of needing some for my new office and came through with an authentic piece. Clutch, as usual, from Brown. Boy needs to settle down and get him some white woman to marry... just kidding. He needs to settle down and find someone, period. But.. i always remind myself that i didnt marry until I was 32, so I guess need to cut the bruh some slack, as my HBCU Frat would say when i questioned them as to how they can afford 300 dollars for a weekend at Tuskeghee, but cant afford to pay 75.00 for dues..

I am starting to ramble...

..but anyway, i am going to post a couple of pics tomorrow afternoon. Until then i am going to try to avoid going to Iraq or Saudi Arabia...for ANY reason, lest I get beheaded. Hopefully, i can get the twins through bath and into bed before I have to be paraded before Al Jazeera...

No comments: