Tuesday, June 01, 2004

why not know?

I talked to my friend Kristen today during lunch...I asked her again if she was going to find out when she has a kid if it is going to be a boy or girl. She says she doesnt want to know...wants to be surprised. I dont get it.. I would want to know so I can prepare mentally, as well for if friends/family might want to supply gifts , etc. But, hey...everyone gets to do things their way, and Kristen is no different. I look forward to seeing her in a month or so. My relationship with her is one of those few everyone has in their lifetime that seems to remain constant, no matter the distance, time, family...whatever.

That New Jersey/New York trip should be fun... New Jersey on Thursday evening, hang out with Kristen, probably hit a diner and drink a cup of coffee. Then, into Brooklyn on Saturday to meet up with Erik, going to the OLD TIMERS game at Yankee Stadium. Probably hit some sort of something that night in the city, then bring it back to Carolina late Sunday evening.

Lakers pull it out last night..whew... i must admit that i was wondering why I get worked up about the Lakers, yet I never seem to get nervous about my NUMER ONE team, the Braves.

Some sort of cookout/party jessica has us roped into this evening. The kids have left Furman...all is quiet at Eastside High, 13th grade.

No comments: