Thursday, June 03, 2004

Seriously, how difficult can it be?

I'm a patient man. i dont get too worked up about things. It generally takes a lot to make me mad or upset, and certainly, I tend to look at the "Big Picture" more than sweating the minute details, although I can do that too, if it is needed. But....

THERE IS NOTHING....NOTHING!!!!!...MORE FRUSTRATING THAN GOING TO MCDONALDS AND GETTING A REGULAR COKE INSTEAD OF A DIET COKE, LIKE YOU TAKE PAINS TO MAKE SURE TO ASK FOR EVERYTIME!!!!!!!
what is up with this? This is the second time in a week this has happened. Now I know I dont need to be going to that place anyway, but occasionally I treat myself to a BIG and TASTY meal. The one thing I my diabetic body cannot handle is the amount of sugar in a regular coke. Good grief! And I always find out about it 5 miles down the road...

Other than getting married, the birth of your kids, and perhaps the passing of your parents, is their a bigger moment in a persons life than graduating from high school? I know that most people reading this are either in college, attended college or have graduated from college. But think about it... So many significant things are usually tacked on to high school graduation. So much symbolism. Sure, you may still be tied to your parents while you are off to college, or even AFTER college, but a symbolic tie is cut upon graduation from high school. High Schools are graduating and using Furman today for their ceremonies. Seeing all the families is pretty cool, and looking back upon that time brings back so many memories. Do you make more lifetime friends in college?...probably. Can you score a job in college?...certainly. But is their a defining moment in most families that can be directly tied to your college graduation that is more important than High School graduation. I say, there isnt.So much happens right out of the gate after High School to a graduating class. By the time an "average" person graduates from college, their classmate from highschool can have a kid ready to enetr kindergarten. I have a classmate from highschool who has a kid who is entering her first year at Clemson this Fall. How weird is that? I dont know ..just the kids with their families go t me thinking.

No comments: