Thursday, June 10, 2004

OK...finally, i have moved

I have finally moved to my new office n the Library. The movers came and moved most of the equipment this morning, leaving only the stuff I figured we'd move ourselves with the next week or so. The only thing that really sucks about this move is that my furniture isnt ready, so I am working off a table and using some random chair I stole out of a storage room. And it is that usual feeling...you know, you've anticiapted moving for so long, then you move. You get all the important stuff moved, so you kinda are set, but you still have stuff at the old site. Plus, there is all this crap you could care less about atthe old site, but you dont really have the excotement to go back, once youve set up n the new place... I get my official furniture in 3 weeks, so then I will set up the pictures, wall stuff, plants, etc... I will get my Aeron chair, and cool lamp as well. So I guess, i have moved, but I am kinda in limbo in my own office until the furniture arrives, then I will be set

The Library staff folks keep coming by. They are getting a little annoying. And Library people are sort of like band people.. a separate family/group with shared experiences and a bond that usually cant be described, but to the outsiders screams..."Geek!" And since they are all chicks, they remind me of geeky piccolo and flag chicks...kinda...

Since I dont have my cable hookup in my office yet (another "it will be in by mid july" sort of thing), i am having to watch Braves game on the internet. Annoyance level is pretty high right now..."Gopher ball" Alfonseca has allowed the tying run to score, blowing a 3 run lead. Sigh... ok...now.."Oil Can" Alfonseca has now given up the go ahead run to Detroit. WHY DOES COX STAY WITH THIS LOSER?!!!!!!! Ok..now I am really pissed... another run from this loser. I shouldnt be getting worked up about this...but, the inning started 4-3 us...now it is 7-4 them. Good grief!

No comments: