Sunday, June 13, 2004

QUOTE OF THE DAY
The easiest thing to find is fault.
- Unknown

Today we went to my church that I grew up going to in Gray Court. We go only occasionally, and I juat have some major issues with that church. WHY, WHY!!!??? do you have to have a microphone system turned up so loud it is almost unbearable? keep in mind that i have spent many years in band...the majority of those in the sax section right in fron of Quints who thought it a right a play constantly. So loud sounds and persistent noise is not something I havent dealt with.But this is ridiculous... and the disorganization of the service. they follow a servie outline that is pretty much the same as it has been for probably 50 years, and is probably similar to most black baptist churchs across the South (wait, who am I kidding...that should read most black churches...period). So why does this stuff take so long? WHy does it take so long to take up the 3 (THREE!!!) collections they take up?

One thing I have noticed recently is the trend of the youth to wear casual clothing to church. Now, i understand that you rather have them there than not,blah, blah, blah... So...that being said, i can deal with a nice polo shirt (even if it is Fubu or Phat Farm, or whatever...) and jeans. Times change..not every kid has a suit (or a clean one), all that rhetoric. But when a kid comes to church looking like he just ran off the basketball court down the street, AND YOU KNOW HE DIDNT JUST RUN OFF THE BASKETBALL COURT DOWN THE STREET!!!!, but actually thought to put those clothes on to go to church, then Ive got a problem. Cant someone kindly suggest to them that if they arent going to wear a suit, then the clothes you wore last night to run the rock down the street might not be cool either?

Corinthians 1 book 13:11
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.


"Can I have jewwce?" "No, you have had enough"
"Can I have wahhder?" "No, you have had enough"
"Cheeeez?" "No, you have had enough"
"Frish Friz?" "No, you have had enough"
"Daddy, Eeyan..he hit me!" "Ian, dont hit Rylee"
"Riiileeee..she hit me!" "Rylee, dont hit Ian"
"Can I have jewwce?" "No, you have had enough"
"Can I have wahhder?" "No, you have had enough"
"WAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH" stomp feet, fall on floor in agony....


just imagine the above conversation...at least 10 times a day... sigh..

No comments: